Monday, June 16, 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag!

(ignore the horrible photoshop job, i'm working on my skillz)


My name is Rachel and I am a lipstick addict. As the title of my blog suggests, I'm addicted to makeup in general but lip products are my biggest vice. I saw this tag going around a few months ago and wanted to wait until I had built up my stash of lip products but I saw someone else do it today and I couldn't resist. My collection isn't the largest right now and it is almost entirely from the drugstore but I refuse to let my poor girl status stand in the way of my blogging! Soooo, onto the tag!





1) Favorite lip balm/treatment?

When it comes to keeping my lips moisturized, I like to take the simplest route possible. My favorite lip balm is the Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. It has peppermint in it so it makes my lips feel all tingly and it smells great. I find that this really does moisturize my lips and it stays on my lips for a long time. For a lip "treatment," I gotta go with my plain 'ole Vaseline. Specifically Vaseline with cocoa butter, which smells much better than the original. Every night I slather my lips in this stuff and I never wake up with dry lips. Even in the dead of winter this stuff keeps my lips soft and smooth. It's also cheap; I've had the same tub for well over a year now and I've used maybe 1/4 of it? I can't rave about this stuff enough, honestly.





2. Best eye-catching red?

Okay, confession time, I don't wear a lot of red lipstick. I know that red is the quintessential bold lip color, but it just doesn't look that good on me. Red lipstick brings out all of the redness in my face and just makes me look bad. However, I do have a favorite red. It is the E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red. This leans a little more pink so I find it's the most flattering red I own. It also has an amazing formula. It is matte but not too drying, and it has great staying power. Once, when I wore this to school, someone walking by me muttered something like, "You're not Taylor Swift, don't wear red lipstick." That is greatest thing anyone has ever said about me and I wear this lipstick so much more now.




3. Best luxury & best drugstore?

The best luxury lip product I own has to go to Nars Train Bleu Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. This is the greatest goth-girl purple and it looks really good on me. It is perfectly matte and does feel velvety on the lips. My only complaint about this is that it dries my lips out, so I can't wear it for an extended period of time. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.


My favorite drugstore lip product would be the Maybelline Vivid lipstick in Brazen Berry. Another purple...shocker, huh? This lipstick is simply amazing. It is a gorgeous purple that has a jelly-like consistency that makes it less harsh and more suitable for everyday wear. It's a semi-glossy lipstick so it doesn't have the greatest wear time, but as it fades it becomes a pretty pinky color and it wears off evenly. The whole Vivid lipstick line is great but Brazen Berry is definitely my favorite.



4. Best MAC lipstick?

Soooo, another confession. I don't own any Mac lipsticks. I am a broke teenage girl and I've never been able to justify spending $15 on a lipstick. I may buy one soon, but for now I am Mac-less. So I decided to show you guys my best Mac dupe! The Maybelline Vivid lipstick in Fuschia Flash is almost a perfect dupe for Mac's Candy Yum Yum. They are both neon pink and matte, the only difference is that Candy Yum Yum is a little cooler. Fuschia Flash has more fuschia in it, but it isn't that noticeable and they both give the same effect. I can't offer a comparison picture but Google can! The money saved by purchasing the Maybelline lipstick definitely makes up for any difference in color, so I suggest you all check it out!



5. The most disappointing?

I'm going to skip over this one, Sorry!

6. Liner - yes or no?

I know that I should say yes, but to be truthful I must say no. I know that lipliner would step my lipstick game up but I never know which brand to buy and which color would look best with which lipstick and I get stressed out so I don't buy any. I do use a lip primer from Mary Kay however, and that helps keep my lipstick from feathering and wearing off. 

7. Best gloss?

Glossy lips really aren't my thing, but if I had to pick a favorite gloss it would be a Avon Smooth Minerals lip gloss that I stole from my mom years ago. I can't find a shade name, but it's a gorgeous rose color with gold shimmer in it. It's just enough to give your lips a little color and shine without overpowering the face. The formula isn't too sticky or too slippery, so I can actually wear it for more than ten minutes without getting annoyed, which I do with most glosses.



8. Something extra!

For this I decided to share my everyday lip color with you guys! I wear this Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in 215 almost everyday. The color is just perfect and I can throw it on no matter how much or how little makeup I'm wearing. I keep this in my purse at all times in case I need a dose of color. My only problem with it is that it is drying as hell. It definitely isn't a balm, and if my lips are dry at all, this sticks to every dry patch and makes them look awful. I would love to find a lipstick with this same sort of color, because the formula isn't that great.


And here are swatches of all the products mentioned, in order!


Alright, that's all for today! I know I don't have the most expansive collection right now, but I had fun doing this tag and I hope you all enjoyed it! 

                    Talk 2 u l8r,
 Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment