Monday, September 29, 2014

SHOW & TELL: September Ipsy Bag!


Hey guys! Today I'm just going to quickly show you the Ipsy bag I received this month! I know it's late, I accidentally had it sent to my house instead of school and had to wait for my mom to mail it to me, but I'm so excited about it that I'm going to show it anyways! This is the first beauty subscription service I've ever subscribed to, and I'm pleasantly surprised. 
The theme for this month's bag was "Street Style" although I don't think there's much of a connection between the products. The makeup bag is a metallic faux-leather with stud detailing, which I'm not a huge fan of but I'm not deducting points for that. My bag came with 5 products, and all but the hand cream are full size. I did some googling, and the estimate value of this bag is about $66, which is crazy! Here's a quick rundown on the products included:
Pacifica 7 Free Nail Color in Red Red Wine, which retails for $9. This color is gorgeous and I'm super excited to try it out (the product is also apparently 100% vegan and cruelty free!)
Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in 09 Basic Instinct, which retails for $19! I'm not sure if this color is the most flattering for me and I may end up passing it on to someone else, but the formula seems pretty nice. It's a very opaque gloss which leans towards being a liquid lipstick.
Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara in Blackest Black, which retails for $9. I have yet to try this mascara but it seems to be a pretty straight-forward volumizing mascara to me.
Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder, which retails for $12. I don't know if this is a new product, but every review on the website mentions that they got it in their Ipsy bag, and there isn't much about it on the internet. This is a white, translucent setting powder that claims to reduce pore size, fine lines, etc. The only ingredient is Silica, so I'm very interested in seeing how this powder works out.
Mitchell and Peach Flora No. 1 Luxury Hand Cream, which retails for $34. This is the only product that is not full-size but it is half-size, making it a $17 value! This has a very lavendery, floral scent and is packed with lots of skin loving nutrients and essential oils. This makes my hands feel very soft and leaves no greasy residue or anything like that.
That quick rundown wasn't as quick as I planned...Nonetheless, this bag definitely surpassed my expectations. I had to cancel my subscription because I'm a broke college student, but I will definitely look into ordering again once I have more money. Looking at all of the products that I could have received, I do feel that this bag was pretty well tailored to my interests and all of the products are something that I will use. I am very impressed!

Talk 2 u l8r,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment