Thursday, January 2, 2014

REVIEW: Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in "Brunette"


Hey guys! I'm super excited about today's post.  I have lusted over this product for ages and it's finally in my hands and it feels so so great (shoutout to my Christmas money for letting this happen.) This is one of those products that everyone talks about and now I understand why. Read on for the review!





(The packaging and the applicator)

This brow gel retails at $22 for .32 oz. You can find it at Sephora, Ulta, or even Amazon (like I did!) Here's the blurb about the product from the Sephora website:

"For those with thin, sparse brows, this unique, botanical formula gives the appearance of fuller, thicker brows. The combination of cream and gel effortlessly defines and fills in the look of brows while controlling and shaping without flaking or fading."

I don't have particularly sparse or thin eyebrows, so I can't say if this is a miracle product for those things, but for someone who is lazy and wants fuller, darker looking eyebrows, it's pretty great.

As much as I love makeup, I'm extremely lazy and my everyday routine is usually concealer, powder, mascara, brows, and lips. Because I wear such little makeup, I need the things I do do to be bold. Brows are almost as important as mascara, but sometimes I just don't have time for an extensive brow routine. That's where this product comes in. It adds the right amount of color and shape to make my eyebrows stand out more on my face. I do want to stress that this leaves the brows looking pretty natural, so you probably need to use it in conjunction with a powder or pencil if you want more dramatic brows. 

The gel has a normal spoolie (spooly? spoolee?) brush applicator that easily runs through the brows. It deposits the color evenly and doesn't get clumpy. The formula is nice, although it's more creamy than gel-ly. It's not too wet or thick either, which makes application effortless. I suggest brushing through your brows before using the gel, because it dries fast which makes it hard to get the hairs in place if they already weren't. Once it's dried, it kind of feels like you've hair-sprayed your eyebrows, which I don't mind (I'm never touching my brows anyways) but that's definitely something to keep in mind. It's easy to get the product outside of your brows, but if you're careful this can be avoided. And if you do make a mistake, clean up is easy. I find a damp q-tip removes any extra unwanted product.

The color is a warm-brunette, so if your hair is more ashy or dark I don't think this color will work for you. I debated on which shade to get because my hair is a weird orangey-brown color that is sometimes red and sometimes brunette, but I'm glad I picked this one because it matches my hair almost perfectly.

I'm sure you'd like to see the product in action, so here are some before and after shots!

(Left: brow without gel. Right: brow with gel)

I realize now that this picture doesn't show the difference all that well, but you can still see that my eyebrow is much more defined with the tinted brow gel!

(Left: brow with gel. Right: brow without gel)

This is a comparison of both my eyebrows, one with the gel and one without. My right brow is naturally droopier and less shapely than my left one (actually that entire side of my face is about one centimeter lower than the other, which you will see more in later posts) but there is still a huge difference between the two, especially in the color!



FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Anastatia Tinted Brow Gel in "Brunette" is pretty amazing. If you're looking for an easy way to give your eyebrows some oomph but still want a natural look, this is perfect for you. Even if you like the dramatic look and just want to make sure your brows stay in place all day, this is perfect for you. It is $22, which is pretty hefty, but it replaces all of my brow products, and it saves me time (and you know what they say about time and money.) If you have a Sephora or Ulta gift card from the holidays and you've been lusting after this, I say get it. I think this is something every makeup enthusiast should have in their collection.
I give this product 4/5 adorable cuddly siamese cats. I would give it 5/5, but I feel like I need to save that rating for something outrageously stupendously amazing.

(Aren't they adorable? I think this is the best way to review products. Forget stars and thumbs ups. There's nothing better in life than a happy kitty, and receiving four of them would be so freaking awesome, right?)

I think that's all I have to say about this product for now. I received a few makeup products for Christmas that I want to get through and review for you guys, so hopefully there will be more posts in the near future!

                                                                                                                talk 2 u l8r,
                                                                                                                               rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment