Monday, December 2, 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Lip Products for Winter!


Woo, an actual content post! Today I'm going to be sharing my favorite winter-appropriate lip products from the drugstore! Read on for more details and swatches!


Winter is my favorite season for lipsticks/stains/glosses/etc because I am a bold lip kind of girl. To be honest, I'm too lazy to do eye makeup on a daily basis, but a cool lip color can make you look put together even when you haven't put in any effort! I recognize that these colors may not be for everyone, so I'm going to start with the most neutral and work up to the dramatic one.


The first product is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Smitten. These lipstains were crazy popular when they came out, so I'm sure you've heard of them, but I still love them after more than a year. I have a few other shades and I wear them all often, but this shade is the most wintry. It's the perfect berry color, not too red or too purple. The formula is amazing as well, it's pigmented and lasts for a good 6 hours without needing reapplication. Even with eating and drinking it lasts a pretty long time. It has a slight sheen, very similar to that of a lip balm, but it's not glossy. 

Here's a swatch of the color. I was going to lip swatches, but as I was doing them I learned that my lips are really uneven and weird looking. Soooo, we're just gonna stick to hand swatches.



The next product is the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipstick in Vivid Rose. This is probably one of my favorite lipsticks ever, and I could write an entire book about how amazing it is. I own two Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipsticks and I love both of them, so I think this line is just a winner. The color is vivid, like the name suggests. It's a gorgeous reddish-pink creme and photos aren't doing it justice. This lipstick is crazy pigmented and it wears for 8+ hours. I haven't worn it any longer than the school day, but I think you could enter a pie eating contest and still come out with this lipstick on your lips. It just doesn't budge.  


Here's a swatch of the Maybelline Vivid lipstick, on the right. 



The next color is the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte in the shade 01. This color is the perfect winter red, in my opinion.  It's a deep red that leans more blue, which is perfect for my cool skin tone. It's matte and lasts a good 5-6 hours (It's hard for me to tell, because I compulsively reapply lipstick every few hours.) It goes on smoothly and doesn't draw any more attention to my dry spots than any other lipsticks.


Here's a swatch of the lipstick, on the far right. It's showing up more orangey in this picture than it really looks.


The next product is the L'Oreal HIP Shine Struck Liquid Lipcolor in Arresting. This is a very interesting lip product. It goes on like a gloss and it has a doe foot applicator, but it's pigmented like a lipstick. The color is a purpley-pink with a pink duochrome that is absolutely gorgeous. This has the wear time of a lip gloss and does need to be reapplied often, but it's such a cool, pretty product that I don't mind. However, I'm pretty sure this is discontinued (I'M SORRY!) I found this at Big Lots for $2, and I haven't seen L'Oreal HIP products in stores for years. But if you can find this, buy it! I think I've seen it on Amazon before.


Here's a swatch of it, below the others. I blended it out a little because the color wasn't as visible in the initial swatch.


The last color is the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Va Va Violet. This color isn't everyones cup of tea, I know that, but I love it. It's a deep, dark purple that makes me feel like a goth queen. I like it because it's light enough that it doesn't look black, but it packs the punch of a super dark lipstick. This definitely clings to dry spots, and it needs to be applied carefully to ensure that it looks good. However once you apply it, it looks amazing and lasts a good 4 hours. If you're eating and drinking you'll definitely need to reapply more often.


Here's a swatch of all the colors together. I tried to have some variety with the types of colors, but I'm a pinky-purple kind of girl. 

That's it for today! What are your favorite winter lip colors? Let me know below! 

                                                                                   talk 2 u l8r,
                                                                                            rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment